Friday 25 June 2010

All over the place

Firstly, my apologies for not posting much recently.
Today has been one of those days where I don't get much time to myself, or so it feels. I found out last night that my brother is in hospital yet again, and has been for the last week. I wish someone would tell me. This time, my parents didn't even know. My brother asked me over the phone to nip to his house and get some clothes for him, so been driving round doing that and making sure his house is ok.
After picking my daughter up from school, been to the local pet shop and stocked up on hay etc for the rabbit and litter for the cat.
Tonight we are off to the hospital to see my brother. He seems fine on the phone apart from him slurring his word again. He had a minor stroke not long ago so hope nothing has happened since.
This morning I woke with a pain in my back. Nothing interesting there I here you say but I suffer with a prolapsed disk and degraded disks either side of it. I have had years of treatments to try and find a way to relieve the pain with no luck. The only thing that sort of helps are fentanyl patches, which are like smoking patches but with a drug in them that's apparently 100 times stronger than morphine. Even these, I'm having to up the dosage as my body gets used to them.
Anyway, I woke this morning with the pain, which is annoying as I am due to see the doc on Tuesday to discuss going back to work after 12 weeks off on the sick. I have been ok for a few weeks now, then this happens. I hope it eases off. Bloody typical.

On a good note, my daughter passed her cycling proficiency test yesterday with 88% pass score. We are chuffed for her as she has only had her bike a month or so and has only been out a few times on it supervised.

No comments:

Post a Comment