Wednesday 22 September 2010

What a disappointment

After months of waiting, myself, Paul and Rob went to Donington Park to watch the BTCC. Great, I hear you say. Well, yes, apart from 2 days before I put my back out yet again. This time, all I did was turn round and felt it go. It goes as easy as that. Once I did it just brushing my teeth.
Anyway, I was still able to walk, although slowly, so I decided to still go. After all it was Donington Park, where I had wanted to go for the last few years.
Paul turned up at about 05.15. We packed the car, just. Wasn't much space left. Then set off on our journey.
After stopping at Woodall Services in Yorkshire, we arrived at Donington Park. I helped get the tent built
After doing that we decided to go to the track for free practice and qualifying. I had only got a few yards from the tent when my back gave way again, forcing me to drop my camera bag and chair. Rob went back to the tent and got my hiking stick and Paul carried my stuff. It took ages for us to walk the short distance to the track itself. I kept having to stop because of the pain. We walked, slowly round the paddock area and checked put the infield, then headed for Redgate corner where they sat me down to be more comfortable. Paul and Rob went off to take photos down the Craner curves.
At lunch time we went back to the tent for food. I decided to stay back as I didn't think I could cope with the pain much more.
After having a good night sleep on my airbed I was awake at 06.00 and decided to stay up. Later on after Paul and Rob woke up, we all had breakfast and I decided I would stay back at the tent again. Paul and Rob would of rather I went to the track but understood when I explained how I felt. At one point I stepped in a divot and had to grab Paul to stop myself falling back. Hope I didn't bruise his arm.
It was a long day by myself.
At the end of the day they came back and packed everything away and started the journey home. We, again stopped off at Woodall services for a McDonalds this time. When we got home, I was so pleased.
I have to say that Paul and Rob were brilliant. They were so understanding about my pain. I felt like I spooky the weekend for them but they say I didn't. I am so thankful to them.
It's certainly one trip away I won't forget.
Our campsite



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment